Employment Status: Permanent – full time
ADACAS (ACT Disability Aged and Carer Advocacy Service) is a leading advocacy service with a 30-year history in Canberra and areas across NSW. ADACAS provides individual and systemic advocacy to people with disability, older people, people with mental ill-health and their family carers. We are passionate about asserting, promoting and protecting human rights and speaking up on behalf of people who cannot speak up for themselves. Our vision is a world in which everyone can exercise their rights and responsibilities, lead lives of value and dignity and pursue their dreams. ADACAS has a strong reputation as a human rights organisation and participates in a range of opportunities, both locally and nationally to influence change on behalf of our client groups.
About the Role
The Disability Employment Officer is a business development focused role that works with businesses and employer groups to support people with disability to gain employment and improve their overall wellbeing, through:
- Building the confidence and ability of employers to hire, support and retain employees living with a disability.
- Supporting the creation of inclusive workplaces by breaking down attitudinal barriers about people with disability.
- You are a person with a lived experience of disability who understands the barriers people with disability face when trying to get, or keep, a job.
- You have experience in a business development and / or sales role.
You have all, or most of the following skills:
- Deep understanding of the barriers faced by people living with a disability when seeking and maintaining employment, that has been gained through lived experience as, or a close relationship with, a person living with a disability whilst in the workforce.
- Strong business development, networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate business development activities such as promotional events.
- Ability to influence employers to take action to employ people with a disability.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and / or supporting to people developing new skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or other similar CRM system.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Relevant qualifications are an advantage, but not essential.
What’s on Offer
- A rewarding opportunity that can make a difference within your local community.
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities.
- Great place to work and a supportive team.
View Disability Employment Officer Position Description
Submit your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria via email. Applications close on Monday 13 February at 5pm. ADACAS reserves the right to close this role early if suitable candidates are found. Please monitor your email regarding communication on progress of your application.