Employment Status: Permanent – full time
ADACAS (ACT Disability Aged and Carer Advocacy Service) is a leading advocacy service with a 30-year history in Canberra and areas across NSW. ADACAS provides individual and systemic advocacy to people with disability, older people, people with mental ill-health and their family carers.
About the Role
The role of Financial Advocacy Officer is responsible for providing individual financial advocacy, amplifying the voice of individuals to undertake their expressed wish, and without judgement. This role is focused on engaging with people over the age of 65, receiving My Aged Care support packages and living in Residential Aged Care Facilities who require financial advocacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support aged care consumers to understand Home Care and Aged Care service costs, including financial statements and invoicing.
- Develop and deliver engaging education.
- Provide systemic advocacy locally through engagement with aged care service providers about potential improvements to invoices and statements to improve consumer understanding.
Classification 5 of the SCHADS Award will be negotiated with the successful applicant depending on qualifications and experience.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of aged care finance.
- Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged members of the community.
- An understanding and experience in advocacy or consumer education initiatives (desired).
- Well-developed ability to interpret financial information and communicate it in a clear and simple manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the not-for-profit, health, aged care, or human services sectors.
- A Drivers Licence and be willing to travel for work – a work car is available for all work-related travel needs.
The successful applicant will hold, or be able to obtain, a Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration, current National Criminal Record Check and have a current driver’s licence. All ADACAS employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive an annual influenza immunisation. You will be required to verify your COVID vaccination status prior to commencing employment.
What’s on Offer
- A rewarding opportunity that can make a difference within your local community
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities
- Have the backing of a supportive and friendly team
- Generous Salary Packaging Benefits including everyday living expenses of $15,900 tax free and Meal/Entertainment card – $2,650 tax free
ADACAS also recognises the importance of diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com and someone will get back to you promptly.
Submit your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria via email. ADACAS reserves the right to close this role early if suitable candidates are found. Please monitor your email regarding communication on progress of your application.