Support and Respite Service Providers

In Home Supports

The organisations listed below are just some of the My Aged Care approved providers offering supports to older persons in the ACT wanting to live independently in their own homes. Each provider offers a range of Short Term Care, Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home Care Package (HCP) funded supports. You can also pay for services out of your own private funds. If you have a HCP, you can expect a Case Manager to work with you to tailor the care offered to you, to ensure the care will meet both your needs and budget.

Ngunnawal Aboriginal Corporation

The Ngunnalwal Aboriginal Corporation provides a range of support and care services that can be personalised around your needs. These supports include domestic assistance, yard maintenance, personal care, social support and transport services.

Phone 6226 3799

Illawarra Retirement Trust (IRT)

IRT provides services to assist with everyday living such as domestic cleaning, garden maintenance and assistance with cooking as well as personal care and grooming, and transport to important appointments.

Phone 134 478

You can find more providers offering in home support services in the ACT and surrounds by using the My Aged Care website provider search.

My Aged Care website provider search

Support Worker Agencies

If you wish to have continuity of care from one support worker, you can connect with and employ your own support workers through online labour hire firms. The firms allow you to see support worker profiles and the services they offer. Support can be provided in a range of settings from in-home personal care to support out and about in the community

Out of Home Respite

There are several dedicated respite centres in the ACT that provide overnight and day programs.  These include

Burrangiri Aged Care Respite Centre

The Salvation Army Aged Care runs the Burrangiri dedicated respite centre. The centre provides both short term residential accommodation for stays of up to three weeks, and day respite services Monday to Friday. Single residents stay in single rooms and interconnected rooms are available for married couples, a registered nurse is available on site.

An ACAT assessment is not required to access services and a flat fee is charged per week. Fees can be paid from a MyAgedCare package or funded privately.

Phone 02 6288 1488

Deakin Cottage

Carer’s ACT runs Deakin Cottage, a dedicated respite centre for persons who are aging or living with dementia. Four bedrooms are available for overnight stays, and day guests are welcome.

Guests must be referred to Deakin Cottage through My Aged Care.

Phone 6285 2082

Respite is also offered in nursing homes when beds are available. You must first be assessed by the ACAT before accessing respite in a nursing home. ACT nursing homes offering respite include:

In Home Respite

Many In Home Support providers will offer respite services for carer’s in the older person’s home. To be eligible the older person must be registered with My Aged Care and have been referred for Flexible Respite services. Providers include

You can find more providers offering in home respite services in the ACT and surrounds by using the My Aged Care website provider search.

My Aged Care website provider search