In this workshop we cover:
- the diversity and prevalence of disability
- historical perspectives of disability
- the experience of living with a disability
- the human rights frameworks that underpin inclusive practices.
Workshop participants will understand:
- the definition of disability is contested, diverse and uniquely personal
- how historical perspectives of disability still influence our community today
- structural and attitudinal barriers have a disabling impact
- what life is like for people living with a disability in Australia today.
Any individual, volunteer, business or organisation wanting to learn more about people in their community.
Workshops can take place over Zoom or on Microsoft Teams software.
In person workshops will take place at a location convenient to you, this might be your home, a health care setting, or your workplace.
Resources Supplied to Workshop Participants
A printable booklet with workshop slides, activities and information for participants to use as a reference to enhance their practices in the future.