In this workshop we cover:
- how an inclusive environment looks, sounds and feels like to people with diverse disabilities
- inclusive communications and language
- professional environments from the point of view of a person with disability
- principles of Supported Decision Making.
Workshop participants will have:
- an understanding of the principles of reasonable adjustments
- increased assurance in interacting with a person with disability
- ability to work confidently within a human rights framework
- knowledge of the principles of Supported Decision Making.
Any individual, volunteer, business or organisation wanting to increase the inclusivity of their home or workplace.
Workshops can take place over Zoom or on Microsoft Teams software.
In person workshops will take place at a location convenient to you, this might be your home, a health care setting, your workplace.
Each workshop is customised to meet the specific needs of the workshop participants. Our facilitators draw on their expertise and lived experience of disability to provide a practical, relatable and informative workshop experience. Workshops are on a fee for service basis.
Resources Supplied to Workshop Participants
A booklet with workshop slides, activities and information for participants to use as a reference to enhance their practices in the future.
Me and My Decision worksheet sample
Supported Decision Card samples