This workshop introduces Supported Decision Making to participants, we use case studies to cover:
- the rights of everybody to be a decision maker
- how we make decisions
- the legal context of decision making
- risk taking
- what effective decision making support looks like.
Workshop participants will understand:
- the place of supported decision making within international conventions and Australian Law
- different roles in decision making
- the spectrum of support that exists in decision making
- how to use Supported Decision Making as a tool for promoting equality and participation.
Any individual, volunteer, business or organisation wanting to enhance their client relationships.
Workshops can take place over Zoom or on Microsoft Teams software.
In person workshops will take place at a location convenient to you, this might be your home, a health care setting, your workplace or a residential aged care home.
Resources Supplied to Workshop Participants
Supported Decision Toolkit
Supported Decision Making Factsheets